Stay Away from Sugar to Protect Your Skin
When we think of indulging in our favorite sugary treats, we don’t want to think that they could have a negative effect on our skin. Unfortunately, when you consume a lot of processed sugar, it contributes to aging, irritation, acne, and even rosacea.
If you want to maintain your youth as long as possible, keep sugar to a minimum. Too much sugar makes your insulin spike, which causes inflammation in the body. When this happens, enzymes that are produced break down the skin’s collagen and elastin, which are both responsible for keeping your skin young and firm, as they attach your skin to the muscles in your face. Inflammation can also lead to broken capillaries.
And if that wasn’t enough, sugar can also lead to wrinkles, dark circles around your eyes, and dehydrate your skin.
Plus, if your diet contains a lot of sugary-foods, chances are higher that you are not intaking enough vitamins and minerals, both of which are needed to maintain a youthful complexion.
Tips for Removing / Reducing Sugar from Your Diet to Help Prevent Aging Skin:
- Stay away from soft drinks, pastries, sweets, candies, cakes, and the like
- Research foods that have a low Glycemic Index
- Eat lots of antioxidant-rich foods
- Use natural honey or Stevia to sweeten
- When shopping for groceries, stick to the exterior of the store, as aside from the bakery, the majority of foods that are high in sugar are found in the aisles. In other words, don’t tempt yourself!
Less sugar intake plus physical activity, and plenty of water can make a huge difference in your health and appearance. Once you start to see how much better you look and feel, it will be that much easier to stick to a healthier diet!
For oral & cosmetic facial surgery, including dental implant surgery in Surrey, come see us a New England Oral & Cosmetic Facial Surgery! Give us a call to book a consultation today: 604-507-0514.