5 Golden Rules for Taking Care of Your Skin After Cosmetic Facial Surgery
It is always important to take good care of your skin, but if you have plans to undergo any type of cosmetic facial surgery procedure, this importance increases exponentially.
Follow these 5 golden rules for the well-being of your skin after cosmetic surgery:
1. Treat your skin like baby skin. Be extra gentle and be sure to use hypoallergenic products and fragrance-free moisturizers. If your skin is really red, this will help to prevent pigmentation and heal without any discoloration.
2. Keep well hydrated – it is recommended to drink 8 glasses of water each day on a regular basis – but even MORE important to do so after surgery to help rejuvenate your skin from the inside out. Water also helps flush toxins out of your system.
3. Be obsessive about protecting your skin from the damaging rays of the sun. Avoid sun altogether for the first few days after surgery…and once you are out and about again, slather on the sunblock.
4. Avoid picking at your skin – this can only put you at risk for scarring and infection. You really need to just let your wounds heal naturally.
5. Refrain from taking part in any strenuous activities…and don’t shy away from taking time away from work until you feel better. Focus on resting and recovering vs. adding more stress to your body.